Leviticus 23:1-2 says “The Lord spoke to Moses saying, “Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘The Lord’s appointed times which you shall proclaim as holy convocations-My appointed times are these”:
- Sabbath (Shabbat)-Leviticus 23:3
- Passover (Pesach)-Leviticus 23:4-5, Exodus 12:1-4
- The Feast of Unleavened Bread-Leviticus 6-8, Exodus 12:15-20
- The Feast of First Fruits-Leviticus 23:9-14
- The Feast of Weeks -Pentecost (Shavuot)-Leviticus 23:15-22
- The Feast of Trumpets (Rosh HaShanah)-Leviticus 23:23-25
- The Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur)-Leviticus 23:26-32
- The Feast of Tabernacles/ Booths (Sukkot)-Leviticus 23: 33-43
*Note: Name in parenthesis is the Hebrew word for that feast.
When you find all these feasts in scripture, Yahweh(God) plainly states they are to be “perpetual statutes throughout your generations”. As believers in Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus), we become grafted in to His chosen people as stated in Romans 11:17-27. Therefore it is our responsibility as Believers to keep God’s commandments and His feasts. In doing so, we are to do away with the traditions of men that are steeped in paganism and unrighteousness. These traditions include holidays such as Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and Valentine’s Day. For those who see nothing wrong with these so-called “harmless” holidays that are “for the children”, I urge you to do your homework. Research the beginnings of these holidays and search out God’s word and decide for yourself and for your children- are you willing to side with the world or stand for God’s truth.
“Be on guard. Stand firm in faith. Be courageous. Be strong. Do everything in love.”-1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Check out these great resources for more information about God’s Feasts and Festivals: