Last week I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Demelza Shaw from The year of the daffodil whose words are encouraging and heartfelt. I am honored for her nomination and wish you all would check out her blog! It is such an encouragement for a new blogger like me…Thank you!
Here are the rules of accepting the award
- Thank the person/blog who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog. This can be done by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget.
- Answer the 11 questions about yourself that your nominating blogger chooses for you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award who have fewer than 1000 followers.
- Create a list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been awarded the award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Here are the answers to my questions:
1.How did you choose your blog name? The name And She Laughs comes from the scripture “She is clothed in strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.”-Proverbs 31:25. I felt it not only describes how I should live life, by trusting in the Lord but also seeing the joy in my journey as a wife and mother.
2.What advice would you give to someone about to start a blog? I am a new blogger myself and I am still learning as I go but my advice would be to believe in what you are writing.
3.Where is your favorite place to relax? Well, as a stay at home homeschooling mom to three little boys there is hardly any relaxing but when I do its usually involves a cozy chair and a cup of coffee!
4. Do you have a favorite post from your blog? I think my post Joy in the Morning is one of my favorites because I woke up in the middle of the night with those words and I couldn’t sleep until I wrote them down, later feeling like God gave them to me for a reason.
5. What or who inspires you? My family.They all teach me something every day!
6.What band would you most like to see live? For King and Country or TobyMac
7.What do you love to do when you are not blogging? I love to bake,read, work in the garden, or spend time with my family.
8.What book are you reading at the moment? I am currently not reading anything right now but I do enjoy anything by Tracie Peterson.
9. What is your favorite meal to make for someone else? One of my favorite things to make for my family is a really good soup or chili. I love the warm cozy feeling you get when you sit down with a hot bowl of soup with a piece of homemade bread or biscuits on the side.
10. Do you have a memory from when you were little that you would like to share? As a kid, anytime I was having a bad day I would walk over to my MawMaw’s house, which was only a few yards away, and she would have a Little Debbie snack cake and a Barq’s rootbeer waiting for me. We would eat our snacks and watch the Price is Right and that always made everything better!
11. Describe how you would spend your perfect day? Anyday that I can spend with my husband and kids where everyone is healthy, happy, and fed is pretty much the perfect day!
Random Facts about Me:
I really like to drink coffee.
I used to play the trumpet in middle school.
I used to love cats, now not so much…
I was once held up while the pharmacy I used to work at was robbed of its medications.
I took three years of French in high school and I really don’t know why….
For some reason I think I would be awesome at tennis because I learned by watching it on t.v…
I always really wanted to learn how to play the violin?!
As a teenager I had my own personal library with almost 200 books.
I have never been on an airplane.
I think being in the garden and digging in the dirt is therapeutic.
I think chocolate is awesome!
Blogs I have nominated:
Here are my questions for them:
Why did you decide to start blogging?
What is your favorite go to meal?
What do you do when you have free time?
If you could travel to one place, where would you go?
What is your favorite dessert/snack for summer?
Thanks to everyone who reads my blog and thanks to all those I have nominated for your time and participation if you choose to (no pressure though, i know life is busy!)
~Brandi @ And She Laughs