These cookies are SO simple and delicious! I first had these cookies when my mother made them for me as a teenager and as a lover of anything with cinnamon and sugar, I absolutely loved them. Then as a brand new wife(and cook!) I began making these for my husband and now for my children as well. They are simple and sweet and just enough to make you want just one more! 🙂
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add in the 1 cup of sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Mix until combined. Scrapes sides of bowl if needed.
2. Beat in vanilla and egg until combined.
3. Add in flour and mix until all combined. Chill dough until easy to handle about 30 minutes.
4. Mix together the 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture.
5. Place balls 1-2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Move cookies to wire rack to cool. Makes between 30-35 cookies.